High Impact Talent (HIT) Program
The program offers hands-on and practical learning experience on the fundamentals of industry 4.0 with focus on PLC programming, cyber-physical systems (automation) and IoT gateway.
Undergraduate students (Selangorians) majoring in various engineering fields (except civil) in public institutions of higher learning.
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be able to:
25 Days (9 am – 5 pm), modular basis
SHRDC, Shah Alam
Introduction to Smart Factory
- Overview on the enabling technology and tools that facilitates the implementation of Industry 4.0
- Introduction to the topic Cyber Physical System and distributed automation
- RAMI 4.0
- Overview of CPS-based drives and sensors
Fundamental Programmable Logic Controllers
- Overview to identify the primary components of a PLC system and to acquire basic understanding of the purpose and function of PLCs
- Guide to PLC programming covering the following:
- Programming Structure
- Ladder Diagram
- FB, FC, & DB
- Addressing Statement
- Assignment Table
- Logic Operations
- Self-maintaining with dominant resetting
- Self-maintaining with dominant setting
- RS flip-flop, dominant set
- SR flip-flop, dominant reset
- Sequential control
Cyber Physical System (CPS) based automation
- Work with local variables, definition of interfaces, assignment of interfaces, IEC functional
- components as local variables, multi-instances.
- Analysis of the overall function and structure of CPS-based automation systems
- Modularization of an overall function and description of sub-functions of CPS-based automation systems.
- Description of interfaces of CPS-based automation systems
- Programming and interconnecting sub-functions in conventional programming language
- Testing sub-functions with conventional programming languages
- Programming and interconnecting sub-functions with object-based programming languages
- Testing sub-functions with object-based programming languages
MyLiveZone for CPS based automation (Remote access online exercises)
- Network setup: Connecting and setting up IoT gateway Networks
- Node-RED editor:
- Familiarising with Node-Red
- Using Node-Red to read PLC I/O/M
- Display PLC data/status and/or control PLC using Node-Red dashboard and Watson IoT
- Using Node-Red to write into and/or control PLC
- Using MQTT with Node-red to display (read from) & control (write into) PLC via Smart phone
- SQL interface
- Storing data into and/or retrieving data from a Database System.
MyLiveZone for IoT Gateway (Remote Access online exercises)
Hands-on Group project
- Implement knowledge gained to setup a simplified I4.0 CPS
The HIT program is fully funded by the Selangor State Government, as part of its IKTISASS initiative.
- Applicants and parents are Malaysian citizens.
- Applicants or parents or guardians are born in Selangor or living in Selangor for the past 11 years.
- Applicants must at least have passed SPM.
- Applicants are currently pursuing engineering and/or related technical courses in any Selangor state public institutions of higher learning.
- Copy of applicants and parents / guardian MyKAD
- Certified copy of parents payslip / income statement
- Verification letter from university which confirms student ID / Matric No.
- Other related documents upon registration