In order to stay competitive in the market, we need to provide excellent services, delivery as well as good quality products. In order to provide good quality products, those who work within film extrusion need to have flexible as well as analytical mind.
Film Extrusion Defect Analysis course focused on practical way to obtain solutions of common defect type of film extrusion process, and aimed for problem solving and process improvement. Organisation desiring to achieve improvement, reduce rejects, or to solve the process variation problems should plan to participate.
This course covers the common problems that facing by most of the film extruder, these problems are divided into mechanical extrusion and extrusion products problem. The potential root causes and corrective actions are discussed. Participants will have clearer pictures and more appropriate approach to resolve problem after attending this course.
Target GroupThis course will benefit to Production / Quality Assurance / Quality Control / Engineering / Maintenance / R&D / Technical Service sections’ Engineer / Executive / Supervisor / Technician / Line-Leader and those staffs who working within the extrusion process.
ObjectivesThe two-day intensive technical training will be focused on troubleshooting on Mechanical Extrusion Defects and Extrusion Product Defects. These are the two areas that deteriorate products’ quality.
As a result of attending this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the process of defect analysis.
- Analyse Mechanical Extrusion Defects that occur.
- Analyse Extrusion Product Defects that occur.
- Determine the root causes of the defect.
- Propose corrective actions to rectify the defect.
Classroom and practical
TRAINING PROGRAM OUTLINE
Session 1: Troubleshooting Mechanical Extrusion Problems
This session discussed different type of mechanical problem occurred during extrusion process. This session is extremely important to Maintenance / Engineering / Production staffs. Possible root caused and countermeasures are discussed.
- Extrusion screw doesn't turn.
- Motor not start.
- Drive train problem.
- Rupture disk failure in barrel.
- Barrel / screw wear.
- Screw turns and no material exits the die.
- Extruder shuts itself off.
- Polymer leaking at breaker plate or die.
- Extruder throughput rate is lower than anticipated.
- Throughput variation over time and etc.
Session 2: Troubleshooting Extrusion Product Problems
This session discussed different type of product defect occurred during extrusion process. This session is extremely important for Production / Quality Assurance / Quality Control / Technical Service staffs who work with quality of the film extruded. These problems are defined, possible root caused and countermeasures are discussed.
- Product surging.
- Gauge variations.
- Product variation over time.
- Bubble instability.
- Streaks in the product caused by poor mixing.
- Product strength variation.
- Colour contamination.
- Product degradation.
- Dull streaks.
- Machine direction die lines.
- Holes in extrudate.
- Rough surface due to melt fracture.
- Gauge variation around the circumference.
- Weld lines and etc.